engine speed

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

engine speed

Jerry M I recently bought a 1972 MF 135 4cyl. gas
it starts and runs good but at full throtle with
brush hog it will only turn 1750 RPMS. I read in specs (online) that top speed should be 2200 RPMS.
I have ordered an operators manual and the repair CD from big Dean. Thanks for any advice.

Big Dean The High idle speed this is with the transmission and pto out of gear is 2,225 RPMs on the MF135 with either the Z134 or the Z145 Continental engine high RPMs with engine loaded this would be with the tractor in gear moving on level ground is 2,000 RPMs. If it turns that it is ok. If it will not do this you probably need to adjust the throttle linkage. When using a brush hog the engine should be run at the speed marked on the Tach for PTO speed that will turn the pto shaft 540 RPMs were most brush hogs are design to run.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: