MF 135 oil leak front of engine

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 oil leak front of engine

Duane I just bought a MF135 and noticed it has a slight oil leak from around fan belt pulley shaft and also near water pump. Are these common and are they difficult to fix? Thanks for feedback.
Big Dean Duane
The oil leak up around the water pump is probably a valve cover gasket leaking after a while they will get dry & hard from the heat of the engine this wll cause them to leak that is not real uncommon especially on the gas & diesel Perkins engines.
According to which engine you have either of the Perkins engines has the crankcase breather tube just to the right of the crankshaft pulley.if the engine has excess blow by it will blow oil out the breather tube or you could have a front crankshaft seal leaking. The front axle & support will have to be removed from the engine to replace that seal. Check out my web site it may have some things that will help you on your tractor http://hometown.aol.com/bigdean62/index.html Big Dean

Duane Thanks Big Dean for the reply. I'm also going to check out your web site.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: