MF 135 stuck in reverse

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 135 stuck in reverse

Kevin Lassen I am new to this site but my problem is (and I have heard it is common)I have a late 60's model 135 diesel and it would occassionally get hung up between gears when trying to shift. I could usually get it unstuck. But a while back it got stuck in reverse and I can't get it to budge. I can drive it only in reverse. I tried taking off the fill cap and attempted to move the internals while rocking the tractor, but no avail. HELP!!
THanks
Kevin

RB Hi Kevin
My MF 35 from early 6os had the same problem.
I have to take of the cover over on the gear box, which means you have take of the steering wheel too if I remember correct. Then you can put the gear lever to its right place and adjusts the lengt of it. The lever was obviously weared out at the end.
Rgds
RAgnvald

Kevin Lassen Thanks a bunch RAgnvald. I had started taking everything apart so I could remove the top cover plate, but I stopped until I could find out from someone if I was headed in the right direction.
Thanks again.
Kevin

fruitacres We've always had luck just removing fill plug on left and using long screwdriver or jack handle to get the lever out of the two gears it is stuck in, which is what is happening. Basically because the shift lever or shifting forks are worn AND you accidentally pull upwards on shifter while shifting the bottom of the shift lever can move two shift forks at once. It mostly happens in reverse but can also happen in 2nd gear. If you don't care to rebuild and replace parts then be careful about pulling up against the spring tension on shifter. Have fun, be safe and maybe tie a wrench and crowbar to your steering wheel.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: