massey 35 23c diesel (compression)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey 35 23c diesel (compression)

Todd Weselak (MB. Canada) Anyone know how much compresson a massey 35 standard diesel should have and what's the limit.
Also, how do you know when #1 piston is up so the pump timing can be checked. There must be a timing mark on the front cover but I don't see anything.
Thanks
Todd

Bob Green UK There isnt any marking on front cover of my 23C but, if you look near the fuel lift pump, the engine casting that is imediatly to its side ie. what the gearbox is fixed to. You will see a 1/4" hole where you locate a dowel (1/4" drill is perfect using the shank end, of course) of same size. Turning engine in direction of power (clockwise looking from front of engine) slowly, the dowel should locate and be online exactly for pump timing on #1. To veryfy top dead centre, remove tappet cover and see if you have valve clearence on both inlet and outlet valve of No. 1 cylinder.
Hope this will help..
If you need any specs (within reason for engine) I have a little bit of info on timing inj' pump and so-on for 23C only!
With the compression query I cannot help. (No specs at all but if I find out I will let you know)

Bob Green. snr. (limey Bob) because there is a (Bob UK I'm not him..)

Limey Bob Sorry Todd

The 1/4" dowel locates into the flywheel.

Don't know why it left that out?????

Bob Green. snr. (limey Bob)

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: