MF35 hydraulics

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF35 hydraulics

steve T Have 63 mf-35 that I bought recently. It has the
aftermarket twin lever set-up with one lever
for the lift hitch and right has quick connects so
this just squirts fluid. Top link does not work
and the factory 3 pt. controls do not work either.
How can I retrofit back to the original controls.
Was the modification done because of trouble with
the original set-up? I will be getting the manuals
as soon as I can but I want to know what I am
getting into time and money wise.Thanks.

joe well hell I'll try to help. This is a pretty lame group for getting help. I asked a question last July 14 about back brakes on my MF-35 and still no reply. I've since figured it out but this board was still on my "favorites" so I'm just looking around. Our 35 has the same set up and I think if you pull the left lever back and lock it the quad control will work. Those spools were for auxillary cyls or bucket loader. To get back to where it started, you unbolt the spool valve assy and bolt the cover plate on over the ports. Get a plate from dealer. Let me know how you do if you still refer to this forum. Good luck...Joe

steve Thanks Joe , I will try.
I sent a mail to your posted address also to cover
all bases. Thanks again.

Mary Ann I have a MF35, not sure what year it is. I have a problem with the hydraulics leaking down. I was told to change the O-rings on a tube in the pump, how do I get to this tube? PLEASE HELP. Thanks
Ernesto The stand pipe is located on top of the top deck cover under the seat. On the right hand side under the seat is a little plate bolted down with two 1/2 inch bolts. remove the bolts and plate. Under the plate is a pipe that goes to your hydralic pump this supplies oil to your hydralic piston in your top deck. To remove this pipe be very careful not to damage the o'ring seat. It takes 2 o'ring one at the bottom and top with a backup pressure washer.When installing make sure you align it back to your pump and tap it in very carful. You might have to remove the side cover and step side in your differintial side to align. I hope this workers but really I think your problem is the pump o'rings and valve bodys. Need a new pump over haul kit.
Ted It could be the lift Cylinder too. they all leak down after they are shut off it how fast is it leaking down? if its the pump you will need to find out if its a new model pump or a old model. I changed mine out to the new model rebuilt the cylinder and am still not completely
happy with it but its a heck of alot better.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: