MF85 PTO

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF85 PTO

Bruce Fenneman I just bought a MF85, my first MF ever. It has a ground drive pto feature. The problem is that it will go in and out of ground drive on its own. Which is a big problem when it is already in engine pto. I assume it is a linkage problem with the control lever. I started taking it apart to access the problem and found it is not easy to get at. Do I have to split the tractor? Can I pull the hydraulic pump out the top to remove the plate behind the pump to access the pto control? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Farmer Yes you have to split the tractor. I found if I back up an incline and pop the clutch a couple times, the gear will slide back where it should be and disengage the ground pto. The fork that shifts the gear is likely broken and allowing it to move at will.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: