MF-35 STEERING PROBLEMS!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF-35 STEERING PROBLEMS!

charles irwin while doing some bush hogging i made a sharp hard turn to the right and
something gave...now i can't get the steering to turn to the left. the steering wheel will turn to the left but the tires
don't move. the steering wheel actually spins freely when turned to the left. you can't pull it out
but and seems like it's barely holding almost spinning all the way out.

can someone help me and where can i get parts...or where i can get it
repaired.

thanks a lot.

charles rolla, missouri

charles irwin well i finally got the steering column out (whew) and shure nuff
the bearings were shot. found water mixed with the oil, no
wonder it was hard to steer in the winter! i am having a
problem understanding about the timing...i understand if you don'y
get it just right your repair job won't last long.
i only want to do this once! in the mean time we got a lota rain
and so i need to devote a bit of time making necessary repairs...
i can handle this task...no problem.

i want to thank everyone sending me emails you have been a lot of help!

charles

rolla, mo.

Bill Charles, please tell me how you repaired the steering. My MF 35 just did the same thing and I'm about to tear into the steering column.
Kent The steering on my old MF-35 is not working. It's the manual type. It had been very hard to steer, now it won't steer at all...the wheel just spins. Can someone point me in the right direction to fix it. Thanks.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: