massey ferguson TE20

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

massey ferguson TE20

peter can anybody tell me if the te20 has a regulator or such on the back of the generator it is a petrol kerosene tractor it keeps dieing when it gets warm will start first pop but dies when hot
Mac If your tractor has a generator it will have a regulator fitted but I can not remember any on the back of the generator,the problem with it dying when hot could be the coil,check out the points,condensor and coil,to test the coil remove the wire that goes to the distributor from the coil,connect up a spare piece of wire to where you took the wire off,take the centre HT lead from the distributor cap,switch on the ignition,hold the HT lead close to a metal part,momentarily tip the wire you put on the coil to some paint free metal part,if the coil is ok you will have a good strong spark from the HT lead(one spark for each time you tip the wire)I take it you have checked the fuel system such as the vent in the cap etc.
Mac

Michael regulator should be fitted on the firewall on rhs of the steering column under cowling
Is the hot fault on changing to paraffin or is it electrical? petrol mix can be very rich if you use it all the time.check vaporiser which warms fuel vpour so it will burn.

Ian I am about to buy an MF TE20 petrol and know nothing about them. I need it for light paddock duties, bit of rolling and harrowing really, just to tidy up after the horses have messed it up.
Can anyone out there offer me some advice?
Thanks in anticipation

Sonny Maddox My experience with a 1948 TE20 I have owned for twenty years has been great! If the one you buy is in good running condition it should give you good service if maintenance is kept up.
James I've just bought a TED 20. Can this be run on unleaded petrol.
jack we have a TE20 reco. with updraught carby,it runs sweet when cold,but rough when hot. any ideas?... how to check the ignition timing?...29'btdc?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: