Differential locked up on 285 dsl

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Differential locked up on 285 dsl

M Billington My MF 285 dsl's differential has locked up while pushing one of the brakes to turn. I cannot unlock the differential. The tractor will run but turning is a real problem in that the inside wheel does not free wheel while turning. Has anyone had a similar issue and how can I fix without completely dismantling the transfer case and possibly the transmission? Can I access the area from the plate just under the driver's seat. Any help is greatly appreciated!
mark williams could you have mashed the diff. lock in gear and it is still engaged .if so pry it loose with a crow bar.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: