MF35 - Released clutch stalls engine.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF35 - Released clutch stalls engine.

andy My tractor was idling when it suddenly stopped. Since then the engine starts and runs fine. But if i let the clutch out all the way the engine stalls. I can drive the tractor if i ride the clutch, but the pto and hydraulics don't work.
This problem occurs if the pto or clutch are engaged or not.

I think it is the clutch, how can i check this without splitting the tractor in two?

Any help appreciated.
Andy

William Bos Hi,

We have had that happen in the winter time. it turns out there was so much water in the tranny, from condensation, and leaky old shifter boots that the oil froze, and whenever you let the clutch out, the tractor stalled

Did you take the seat off, and have a look in?

I hope you get it fixed ok!!

Will

Andy I wish it was that simple. It doesn't get much below 20c or 60f, so that isn't the problem. I will have to open it up and extract the clutch. But first i need to build a level concrete slab.

Thnaks for the advice anyway.

Andy.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: