FE35 Hard startting

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

FE35 Hard startting

Veijo, Finland My FE35 -59 with Standard diesel is quite hard startting. Glow plugs work fine and I have a new batterie. Startting motor is also ok.

She starts with a long deport with start motor, but not every time. I use 30s glow plugs first. When she finally starts, it works like an angel! Ok, some smoke from overstress!

Ki-gass is not in use, but I have used intake Start-Pilot with no help. She starts, but do not stay running.

I just wonder in what order I repair it? Perhaps I check compression, 1:20, but what then?

Veijo Someone said that electric fuel pump will help start a lot.

Comments? Have you done it?

Pumps have different pressures, What kind of pump?

Veijo

Michael where do I start. KI gass is only diesel fuel you pump onto the heater element after heating for 30 secs dont use ether additives to start using heater it can go bang!.
bad compression is cured by overhaul of valves
then overhaul cylinder bore and new pistons and rings.
If the engine wont keep running have you a fuel supply problem?

John Interesting subject.
I have been using Aerostart and it starts first time every time but I am trying to kick the habit as it is not such a good long term solution.
Have some success using the glow plug but not sure about the correct procedure as the print on the starting instruction plate is not readable any more.
I have the instructions for the 3 cylider diesel but not for the 4 cylinder diesel.
Would anybody have the starting instructions for a 4 cylinder diesel?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: