stuck in reverse

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

stuck in reverse

mike whitehead please help me. i was scraping my girl friends drive way, and the gear box got stuck in reverse.it'e a135 gas, 1967.i was told to try to stick a bar through this hole and prey the forks but was unable. how hard is it to remove the stiering collem to get the gear box cover off. thanks for any help.
mark I had a similiar problem with a M-F 203 industrial (1964). the first time I spent half a day dismanteling the steering etc. turns out a long screwdriver polked through the access hole next to the gearshift will do the trick. one of the two larger gears in view needs to be moved. after several times it seems you cannot make things worth, I have pried and moved one gear or the other and it solved the problem. the actual problem seems to be a jam in the linkage of the gearshift which is evident when taking the steering off. a friend said he has a similiar problem when the hydraulic fluid gets too low.
wayne conn I have a 150 and got it stuck in low fourth while bushhogging. My dad an old farmer said he has had similar problems. He took the gear shift out of the deck and then with a long screwdriver flipped the gear back into neutral. He says to prevent this from happening again, its best to take the high-low shifter out of gear first if you think you might have the transmission in a bind. Its worked for me.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: