SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Starter won't turn

Jason Hello,
My starter for My TO-20 won't turn the engine of the tractor. The engine isn't locked up. We rock the engine, the flywheel turns. We try to start it and the starter will turn the engine a little, then nothing happens. Completely dead after that. We tried 2 good batteries also. The starter spins great when it isn't on the tractor,but IS still hooked up to the tractor electrically. Thanks for any help I can get! -Jason

ponymare It could be a bad field winding in the starter, or a worn out armature bushing. A bad field coil won't give the starter enough power to turn the engine, but it will run without a load. A bad bushing will let the armature rub on the field under a load.
IHTimmy Just take get it rebuild or get a rebuild starter

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: