SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

HELP

kev I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A 1946 PETROL MASSEY TE-A /TE-C FERGUSON. IN THE LAST 2WKS IT HAS DEVELOPED A DEAD SHORT. IS THERE ANY MEMBER WHO CAN HELP OR ADVISE ME WHAT IT IS,AS IAM NEW TO VINTAGE TRACTORS. THANK YOU heres hoping
ponymare If you mean by dead short, when you place both cables on the battery you get a big zap, and lots of sparks? If so, then check the positive battery cable for a bare place where its touching ground. Also check the large wire that's connected to the solenoid and runs back to the amp gauge, check all wires for bare spots.
IHTimmy It is 6volt system most tractors back then Pos ground have you replace the battery or it was charge backwards
IHTimmy It is 6volt system most tractors back then Pos ground have you replace the battery or it was charge backwards
Rick c I have a 1963 MF90WR (gas). It has a Marvel Schebler carb. It sat for a couple years so I had the carb cleaned. Not sure how to set the carb (# of turns on the idle needle.)
ponymare Lightly turn in in till it seats, then back out 2 turns. After the engine is warm, and the throttle in the idle position, slowly turn the screw in or out till you get the idle speed you want.
Troy Young I recently purchased a 75 Massey 135' with the powerful 3 cylinder Perkins engine. It is a strong and powerful tractor. Over a few days bushed hogged 8 acres with it no problems. But the alternator stopped charging the battery, keept swapping and recharging batteries to keep her running. Is there a common problem in charging failure of these tractors you all can point me to. Dash Gage's gas, Tack, and others stopped working. However oil pressure still works...where do I start to trouble shoot? Owners manual points toward a washer fuse on the rear of alternater, or oil sending unit? Help! ! !

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: