SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 231 knocking noise when tractors clutch is disengaged

Brady Thorson I have a 98 Massey 231 when I disengage the clutch in neutral there is a knocking noise sounds like its coming from the transmission it has progressively been getting worse
ponymare It could be the clutch throw out bearing is going bad.
snyder my to35 did that,was not low on fluid.I changed the hydraulic oil in the system noise quieted down completely after I drove it,went thru the gears,lift up&down,engaged PTO.That was about 5years ago,still quiet. got hyd oil got oil at NAPA. hope it works for you!!! James.
snyder my to35 did that,was not low on fluid.I changed the hydraulic oil in the system noise quieted down completely after I drove it,went thru the gears,lift up&down,engaged PTO.That was about 5years ago,still quiet. got hyd oil got oil at NAPA. hope it works for you!!! James.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: