SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ferguson TO30

Daniel Supanich Hi after reading tractor forums I'm replacing my PTO shaft as oil seal was leaking. I have drained oil from tranny plug,rear diff bolt on right side and rear diff bottom plug. After draining for sometime I installed all drain plugs and poured 2 to 3 gallons of kerosene into tranny fill plug. Then started tractor drove forward and backwards area mins then shut off redrained system. Then pulled PTO shaft from tractor lots of milky oil still came out and seams to be laying inside bottom of PTO shaft opening. Did I miss a drain plug somewhere? I have new PTO shaft with 1 3/8 inch spline to install. I wish to remove all old fluid before installing new PTO shaft and fluids. Question two do I install adapter to PTO spline with drive pin and zerts then hook mower drive shaft to adapter. Or hookup drive line off mower directly to PTO shaft? I heard discussion if not using adapter will put force on tractor? Thanks for any help Dan
ponymare The adaptor you're referring to is called an over running clutch. If your tractor doesn't have live power, you really need that clutch, it will save you from being pushed into fences, ditches out onto the highway, so for yours as well as others safety, put it on.
Daniel Supanich Thanks I'll install the over running clutch.my first part of my question I still need help with. When draining hydraulic fluids I found 3 areas one on tranny square plug.second was a bolt on right side under hydraulic unit. And third back farther on hydraulic unit a large drain plugabout1 1/8 inch. Then after I pulled the PTO shaft out of rear differential I noticed more oil inside housing.So Question is did I miss a drain bolt for the rear PTO housing as well. Also when filling new oil at tranny fill opening does that oil fill tranny,hydralic housing and rear differential housing? Thanks for your help . Dan
ponymare Sorry, can't be of much help on the plugs and how the compartments fill.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: