SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF-135 Splitting Problem

Chip Geil I had to replace my clutch/pto asm. I am having problems getting it back together after splitting it. I do have a clutch alignment tool which I have used , but I still cannot get the two halves back together. They are about 1.5" apart and dont want to force it using the bolts. Any advice would be appreciated greatly. Thanks!
hymie2lt Just keep working at it.
try turning the starter ring gear on the flywheel with a screwdriver while putting a bit of pressure on it. You just need to get all the splines lined up.
Sometimes it takes quite a while.
Make sure you have the same amount of gap on the top and bottom, left and right.
Wayne

ponymare Do what the other poster said, and sometimes it helps to get a bolt started on each side to keep the engine lined up with the clutch housing.
Chip Thanks Wayne, I was finally able to get it to come back together. Persistence is key in doing that , I am pretty sure. Thanks for the help!
hymie2lt You are very welcome
Wayne

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: