SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

engine oil

gado I have a 56 Massey Harris 50 that I want to change the oil on. The previous owner used 30 non-detergent oil, is this correct? I think it calls for 10W40.
ponymare Back then non detergent straight weights were all there was. If you want to go with now days oil, you might want to remove the pan and see how much sludge is in there.
gado Thanks, that's a good idea because I know there is at least an inch of sludge in the bell housing. I had to push a wire into the drain hole to get it to drain due to a leaking rear main seal.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: