SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 275 cranks over starts hard

Kevin I thought it was sucking air by the injector pump since it was leaking so I fixed that. Now there is no leaks but still cranks and pushes out smoke like it should start but wont start. If I use ether it starts and stays running like there is nothing wrong. I can shut it off and it will start right back up even after quite a few hours after it was shut off. I have it in a heated shop thought that might make a difference but hasen't helped either. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this problem.
thepumpguysc Kevin,
Try advancing the timing on the injection pump about 2*.
Look at where the pump bolts to the block,3nuts/bolts.
Look at the flange on the pump closest to you, and you will see a timing line and on the block you will see some degree* marks.
On the pump itsself you will see a nameplate with the actual pump #'s and an arrow showing the direction of pump rotation.
Move the pump about 2* in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of pump rotation and see if that helps.
IF NOT, a COMPRESSION TEST is next on the list.

Kevin Thanks alot I'll give it a try.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: