SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Disc Harrow rule of thumb

Charles Moore Is there a rule of thumb for matching a tractor model to the max size disc harrow. My model is a MF GC2300 (22.5hp). Will it handle a 5' or 6' disc, or do I need to keep it tiny - like a 4' or less?
maxwell99 you will probably have the power to pull a light duty 6ft disk.

but, the problem might be when you get to the end of the field and try to pickup the disc, the front end may come off the ground,

if the front wheels are very light and dance along the ground it is dangerous. I would go with a smaller disc and you can add some weight to it for deeper cuts.

try to borrow a disc from a neighbor before you buy and then are dis-satisfied.

what does your dealer recommend.
I do not know the size of your tractor, hp is not everything, it's the power to weight that matters.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: