SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF135 drag link

Bob I need to replace the rh drag link on my MY135. I have removed the nuts holding the link ends to the tractor but cannot get them off. Are they pressed in? How can I remove them?
GEEBEE

Slacken the retaining nut a couple of turns, don't completely remove it.
Turn the steering to a position where by you can place a large lever or crowbar between the drag link, and the steering arm. Have an assistant put some weight on the bar, in such a way, as to "pry" them apart.
While your friend does this, Place the end of a dolly or steel drift onto the area of the steering arm, where the "tapered" tie-rod end sits into the steering arm. You may need to have a second operson hold a large hammer against the steering arm, opposite to the side you are about to hit. Now apply a couple of blows to the drift with a heavy hammer. The action of the blows tends to "jar" the tapered section in the steering arm, and so releasing the taper of the tie-rod end.

carl MF 135 3 cyl perkins gas looking for the heat shield that goes over exhaust manifold?
Carl

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: