SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 1100 charging system

murray Am working on 1100 diesel with no charge condition. This tractor has delco system with external regulator. Have battery voltage to #3 terminal on reg. have continuity on field wire to alt F terminal. I have applied batt. voltage to field - alt. output goes above 15V. My question is , what actuates the field winding ? my guess is their should be either battery or ground at the # 2 terminal . which ? batt + / ground & where is it supplied from. Thanks for any help
AJ Dont know exactly what you have but it appears that when you excite the field you have charge,this is can be done through the red light on the dash,power from the key switch on position to one side of an insulated lamp with a 2w bulb,ground from the other side of the lamp to the F terminal on the alternator,when the key is switched on power goes to one side of the bulb,ground is made through the other wire through the alt brushes,when the engine starts the alternator is excited and starts to charge,the ground is broken and the light goes out
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: