SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massy 35 Deluxe

kurt The steering just went out on my Massy. The steering wheel just goes around and around, no resistance. I have the shop manual and can see a moon key, is this the problem or is there another sheer pin some place? Is this the trouble or did the shaft break? Is this something that a guy can repair himself, not a full blown mech, but can stand my own? I also have a problem with water getting inside the steering mechs and freezing in winter, must let warm up for about an hour. Where is the water getting in?
Ferguson35 Hi just recently purchased a MF 135 Diesel. I was told it was British Made and a Deluxe Model. Does anyons have info on how I can tell if it is. Thanks
Andy I think you are right that it is the moon shaped key that locks the well to the steering shaft. If the wheel spins all around then you didn't strip a gear off the worm gear. Water leaking in to the steering box is a common problem on the MF-35. Replacing the felt ring under the steering wheel will help keep water from running down the steering column. You can also do what I do which is always park the tractor inside.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: