SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Idle speed

Larry Leasure How do you adjust idle speed on a TO35(GAS)Engine- massey. I cannot get tractor to keep running below 1000RPM.If anyone can give me some advice, will be appreciated. THANKS
garymck If it makes you feel any better, no matter what the manual says, I can't get my idling speed much lower either.
rich4 Probably a blessing it does not idle down, if the carb butterfly does not close down enough because of restriction or ? then you would have a higher idle speed. Really no reason to operate engine lower than 1000 rpm.
wellmax99 need to get a owners manual or repair manual.

my 1957 TO-35 idles at 400 rpm's, when adjusted correct, these tractors will idle slow.

first be sure the plugs, points, condensor, plug wires and timing are all in good condition and set to proper specs.

you have a power adj on the carb and a idle adj on the carb.

motor must be at operating temp to even start carb adjustment.

the manual will tell you the number of turns to start the carb adjustment procedure.

good luck, but it will idle down when adjusted correct.

these old tractors do not like ethanol gas, so try to buy non ethanol gas if possible.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: