SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Tractor Vibrating

Allen My 1974 135 started shaking this morning, at first I thought the bushhog pto shaft was bent, but it still does it with the pto off. It will quit shaking when I fully depress the clutch. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Hope it won't be too expensive to repair.

Thanks

AJ Check the transmission has oil,that sounds like the internal pto shaft has a problem,when the clutch pedal is pressed the first stage the transmission stops but you still have the vibration,when you press the pedal fully the pto shaft stops and the vibrating stops,it would be my guess that a needle bearing has picked up and is causing the vibration,stop using the tractor as it will only do more damage,you could drain the transmission oil into a clean container and see if there is any metal in the oil,I think an experienced MF mechanic is needed.
AJ

allen It has always leaked trans fluid. Next time I get it into the shop I am going to bite the bullet and have them split it and repair.

But I found out what the problem was, the draft control. I guess I hit it on a limb while hogging and got it off its setting. It runs fine now.

I thank you for your reply and help.

AJ Glad my guess was wrong that was a much easier fix.
Good luck
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: