SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF power steering slow response

fred I have a MF40 industrial. When I turn the wheel it sometimes takes a full turn before the wheels respond. When I turn either to the left or right even though I do not turn the steering wheel back the wheels will return to center by themselves as I am driving. I have bled the system and made sure it is full. I see that someone had put what looks like automactic transmission fluid in (red) and my books says to us the MF fluid. Any Ideas. Thanks
hutch G,Day Fred .
If you remove the battery cover look behind the battery and you will see the power steering transmitter valve the adjusting link has a hexagonal adjusting rod adjust as required all will be good.
Happy days
Hutch.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: