Massey 12 Restoration

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey 12 Restoration

Brian Hello everyone.....Can someone tell me if and where a decal kit could be purchased for this machine.It is a Massey Ferguson 12 ,1973 I believe and has been in the family since new. It runs well, just needs a cosmetic restoration.Any help would be great.Thanks again Brian
Joe Hi Brian. I also just acquired an MF 12. Seems to be in good shape but haven't been able to get it started yet; good battery, lots of fuel and the pitcock is turned on. Any ideas on what might be the problem? I only tried to crank it over for four minutes; didn't want to kill the battery. Also, I have a factory roto tiller but it needs the pins/fastener attachments. Any idea where these could be found? Do you have an operator's manual for this machine? Please let me know. Thanks -- Joe.
Brian Do you have good spark? Maybe an ignition problem. Has this tractor sat for some time? If it has I would lean toward a fuel problem. Try to reach under the bottom of the float bowl of the carb, there should be a spring loaded fuel drain. Push up no the button. Does fuel drain out? If no fuel float and or needle are stuck, rebuild the carb. I would any way if it has been sitting dirt and varnish build up. As far as parts and manuals go try this link, you will need to join the group but these guys are great,helped me alot. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/masseyfergusontractors

Hope this helps

Brian

Joe Brian. The problems with my MF 12 turned out to be a bad starter and a bad magneto. It starts now but the hydra speed transmission is stuck in forward; can't get the little floorboard knob to disengage to release the stuck gear. Any idea? Also, the right clutch pedal is supposed to lift the mower and stop the blades when you step on it, and it won't function in that manner. Any help would be appreciated. Joe.
Major Lester I have a Massey Ferguson MF12 with hydro-static transmission that just stopped pulling. It will not go forward or backwards. I would love to know where I can get it repaired,or find a transmission service manual and parts source. I live in Decatur,Ga,right outside Atlanta. I have owned this tractor for more than thirty years. Any information would greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: