PTO Will not disengage

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO Will not disengage

Greg Rice I am about at the end of my rope. My problem is on my MF 1080, the PTO is constantly running and will not disengage AND I have no action on my 3 pt. Actually after about 30 minutes the 3 pt will raise will slowly go down.

I went through the difficulty of removing the lift cover and could tell nothing. I thought I could see the hydraulic filter from the top but there was no sign.

Is this constant PTO & no 3-pt a common symptom and where the heck is that filter.

smokey You may have 2 problems - The first is your 2 stage clutch may need adjustment ands the second a hydraulic problem. Check Big Dean Austin's net site for details on these problems. Big Dean is the MF guru and has helped in the past. He would know more about this model than myself.
Greg Rice Problem one "may" be solved. Tonight I drained the hydraulic fluid and ran deisel fuel through the system to flush it out. (I read this in a previous post). To my amazment after a while the PTO now disengages like it should.

I still don't know if the 3-pt will work because I have the lift cover off. Is there any way I can tell before putting it back together? My roller arm control does not really seem to be doing anything.

dean anderson just put a new clutch/pressure plate in today the pto will not stop turning rest of tractor is in good working order do not know if pto was turning before because clutch was torn up HELP!!!!!!!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: