SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ferguson TO30 PTO Seal

bford Looking for some direction as to how to replace a worn PTO seal on a TO30. The tractor itself is in great condition with no visible leaks inside or out. Fluid is steadily flowing from the PTO shaft area though and I need to get this issue resolved. Thank you in advance for your help. Images would be great!!
GEEBEE Fairly straightforward job. Drain oil, disengage pto, remove the 4 retaining bolts and pull the pto shaft, when you get it out you will see that the seal/bearing assembly is held by circlips, these are best removed using a couple of small screwdrivers to pry them out, check condition of bearing. Only problem you may run into is if the seal has worn a groove in the shaft.
bford GEEBEE, in your opinion, will a bad PTO seal (when I say bad, I mean really bad, there is NO reading on the dipstick whatsoever)and severe loss of fluid keep the 3pt from working properly? I have taken off the side access panel for a visual inspection and have seen nothing out of the ordinary. Thoughts??
GEEBEE Yes, the hydraulics will not work correctly if the oil is below the minimal level.
Bret Ford Was able to replace the seal. Leak has stopped. I did find another problem during visual inspection; pin holding control valve had broken and come loose from the control arm. Was able to fix, but this fix did not solve the problem. The issue I am having is that when the PTO is engaged, the lift rises all by itself. Again there are no visible leaks and I have checked everything that I know to check. Could it be a bad relief valve? Again there are no apparent leaks in the compartment when the tractor is running and PTO engaged..............
GEEBEE It sounds more like a control valve or linkage problem, did you check the operation of the control arm whilst moving the quadrant lever back and forth ?, the arm must move forward to depress the plunger in the control valve to drop the hitch, did you check to see if the plunger was moving freely in the control valve it is not uncommon for a bit of dirt to make them stick.
DO NOT put you hand down into the oil with the engine running.

Ritchie Wilson The housing that the PTO seal goes in do I need a puller to get that off

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: