SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

mf 175 hydraulic problems

tim white I have a mf 175 with a mf 100 loader. Today when I started up the tractor, I found that the three point will not lift unless the loader is being raised or lowered! There is not a separate pump for the loader, it runs off an auxillary valve.

There are four control levers on the right of the seat, one for draft control, one for pumping/pressure/position, one that runs the bucket cylinder, and one that runs the lift arms. Hoses lead out of this valve to four quick couplers, two for the bucket, two for the lift arms. The lift arms are single action, so there is no hose leading from that coupler, and it seems to be leaking a small amount of oil.

I have had to put hydraulic oil in once since I bought this tractor, and it seems to be low again.

Can I disconnect the hydraulic line that has no connection at the quick coupler and just plug that hole in the valve? Or will that cause problems?

I will admit that I sometimes get very confused about where to position the inner and outer quadrant levers on this tractor. Is there a possibility that I have somehow screwed things up by running in the wrong positions?

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

tim white Found out what was wrong (I think). There is a knurled knob on top of the housing right under the seat, whit a hydraulic hose leading to the auxilary valve body. Somehow that knob got turned out about 1/4 turn, which apparently shuts off fluid to the three point. Turned it in all the way and everything worked fine. A few days of worrying, and visions of rebuilt pumps, though.

Maybe this can help someone else.

Tim

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: