SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Sudden MF188 hydraulics problems

Fredrik Malm I have a MF188 with MP, when working with snow "thrower" attached to PTO for 6h it suddenly lacked power - aslo lift arms and MP stopped working at the same time. We have -15...20deg C here in Finland, so I tried to add some antifreeze (spirit) to gearbox oil, filled up 10l of oil (was low)and also put a fire(!) under the rear housing - no help. After some hours of trying, lift arms get up slowly but with a lot of air first in cylinder (flexing arms), comes up in periods but takes ca5 minutes. PTO is always turning, but no real power in either on/off position.
Is my pump OK, maybe only filter clogged/frozen? Read about o-ring seal of pump suction line off position, could this be the case? How can I access the filter and pump suction 0-ring seal(s), have no manuals so far... /Fredrik

fredrik I got some god advise and have worked on this problem as follows:

1. The problem was localized to the double clutch, which I changed. This didnīt solve the problem...

2. Second guess was clogged filter, not easy to access but I managed to do that also with some telephone help from a almost retired Fergusson professional... this solved the hydraulical problems!

3. Still have one problem, the PTO seems to work on/off but power is poor, the Fergusson expert now thinks that the "PTO clutch" inside gearcase (under pump) is worn out, to access this I would have to tear the tractor into peaces (back part away from gearbox) !!! Any other ideas of where the problem could be?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: