Hydraulic-Hell

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulic-Hell

Greg Rice I am getting no three point action on my MF 1080. I do know my hydraulic pump is working as I have checked to make sure I am getting fluid through all the hoses. (I got soaked from head to toe).

My only suspicion is a 5th lever that is not covered in the operators manual. The lever connects to the body of the tractor right by the pump. It seems very loose and may not be engaging whatever it is supposed to engage. The manual mentions the two controls for the three point, 2 controls for the external hose connectors but not this long handle.

BTW - The 3 point will lower after I lift it up manually but I am assuming that is just gravity.

Any ideas?

Mike There are two pumps in this tractor. The one that soaked you works your couplers in back. The second pump works only the 3 point. Does your PTO work? If it does the shaft thru the pump is turning. If it doesn't problem might be around clutch area.If we know pump is turning, possibly a stuck valve in pump. You can take round cover off right side of tran housing, and see if control levers are moving inside. If lever that is attached to pump seems very loose, valve is stuck. Must remove pump to repair. Not real sure about your 5th lever, if on left side usually runs PTO function, right side might be rate of drop adjustment for 3 Pt. Good luck
Greg Rice Thanks for the info. My PTO is working fine so I will need to take a look at the control levers. After reading a bit I wondered about the filter screen in the pump. The underside of the tractor is filthy with gunk but since the PTO is working I'm not sure if that is the problem. I will get the manual.

That 5th lever goes into the pump that operates the external hoses. I will get the service manual and see what I can find out.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: