SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF65 Generator to Alternator

Scott I have a 196X MF65 w/ perkins diesel and a generator not worth overhualing. I have a 10si delco 1 wire alternator that I would like to install. Dose anyone have any good ideas or maybe have done this job before? I am looking at the available space and i keep coming up short. I really wanted to keep the package nice and clean and tight but this isn't looking good. I need a good solid alternator mount without it hangin' out the side... I hope!!
GEEBEE Scott i don't think there is a way of mounting a 10SI without it hanging out the side, i would visit a wrecker and get one from an import car, i think it is Subaru that has one that will do the job and is a lot smaller profile.
Scott Thanks I appreciate that! Unfortunatly I am on abudget and the 10si is what I have. Beggars cannot be Choosers!! any thoughts on what ought to take place then? to get the 10 si mounted?
GEEBEE You can usually get by with a piece of threaded rod through the existing bracket and using nuts and washers to align the alt with the pullys, you will need to pick up a universal adjusting bracket as the original gen one will be too short.
scott smith Thanks for the assistance, much appreciated!!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: