SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 150 Trans Leak

Lex Lamey I am looking at buying a MF 150 diesel. The guy has been straight foward with me, he replaced the clutch and the front trans seal started leaking. The tractor was running when he bought it but would not move. He replaced the cluthch and it is mobile, but the seal is leaking. He is not sure if he may have pinched the seal when he installed it or if the pressure plate (I think thats what he said) is bad. is the any thing else that it may be? He also said it has the generator instead of alternator, but said that would be an easy swap to a one wire alternator(the generator is not functioning properly).
The price is 2600.00.
Good deal, or stay away?
Thanks for any input,
Lex

GEEBEE If everything else is good that is a steal at that price, of course the tractor will require splitting to fix the trans input shaft seal, the fact that its leaking after he replaced it may mean there is wear on the shaft and may need replacing.
Lex Thanks GEEBEE I felt pretty confindent that it was a pretty good deal on the tractor, but since I am no mechanic I wasn't sure if that may be a can of worms and cost more to fix than it is worth. Hopefully if I have to replace the shaft it wont be that bad.
Lex

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: