SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 3070 IPTO wont engage

topper Ive a mf 3070 autotronic, when Ipto is engaged it starts making a grinding nosie and will engage for 10-15 seconds but then stops, hydraulic warning ligh is on, hydraulic oil level o.k and ive changed the filter but no joy. All other hydraulic system such as power steering and 3pt work fine. Any ideas what the problem is?
Geoff Topper I have done more of those than I can care to remember. The first thing that springs to mind is that either the PTO pack has cracked and allowing pressure to escape or the second thing i would go for are the bolts holding the PTO pack have broken and the pack has opened up and has come adrifr inside. Remave the Left Hand side plate and look along the PTO shaft and you will possibly see the pack plates strung out along the PTO shaft. There may be other causes but that's the first line of attack I would follow.....Geoff

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: