SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF135 Fuel Problems

Greg I have a MF135 with 3 cyl Perkins Diesel and was having problems with it shutting down when any kind of load was put on the tractor. It would start and run fine until I tried to use it. Then it would die as if I pulled the kill switch. Sometimes it would start right away but most of the time I had to loosen one of the injectors and bleed it or give it a shot of quick start. I replaced both of the fuel filters, cleaned the fuel pump sediment bowl and screen, and cleaned the screen on the valve in the tank. After a long time of bleeding the lines again, it started and ran fine. I let it run for about 30 minutes and everything was good. I got on it to pull it back into the shed and it died again and it will not start. I thing it probably will if I bleed it or use quick start but was wandering if anybody has any ideals on what could be causing this. Thank you for any help or suggestions. Greg
GEEBEE A few possibles..Debris in tank, faulty shut-off valve in tank, blocked fuel lines mesh screen blocked above sediment bowl on lift pump, faulty lift pump (hole in diaphram), small filter in elbow of injector pump inlet pipe blocked, worst case scenario problem in injector pump.
Greg Geebee, thanks for your input. I,ve noticed when running, the glass sediment bowl is extremely active (kind of hard to explain but almost looks like air being shot into the glass bowl). Could that be the faulty lift pump you mentioned?
GEEBEE Yes, that could well be the problem, not very expensive to replace, or you can get a repair kit.
Greg GEEBEE Thank you for your input. I will give it a try.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: