SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MH 175 Piston Sleeves

alvin j I have a MH175 with low hours. The piston sleeve in cylinder #4 broke apart and fell into the pan. I have the engine apart and have replaced the sleeve. The sleeve in #3 would slide about 1/4 inch while rotating the engine, so I replaced the sleeve and the piston and ring assembly.
My question is what caused the sleeves to become loose? What other things should I be looking for?
Thank you for any help.

GEEBEE Is this low hours on a rebuild or original motor ? If a rebuild ill fitting sleeves may have been installed or someone made the mistake of honing the bores so they went in easily. Are the new sleeves a tight fit ?, if not you could try using some Loctite
Alvin J Yes the motor is original. The new sleeves were put in a freezer for a couple of days and the block heated and they were still a snug fit going in. We are going to complete the assembly today, hoping the best. Thank you.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: