SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oil leak, & gas in the oil

DVS Oil leak, checked dipstick. GAS in the oil. The manual says warm the engine first before changing oil. Is it a good idea when the gasoline is in the case, or should I just go ahead and drain. Manual recommends 10W, is that 10W30? Will this take 5-6 litres?
Bill Michaels Do not start the engine. Drain the crankase and fill with fresh oil. Change filter also. I don't know what type of tractor you are working on but it sounds like your float is sticking open, or the needle and seat are worn. Are you shutting off the fuel when the tractor is turned off?
DVS The tractor is a Massey Ferguson TO 35, Thanks for the advice and help.*I will make sure the fuel is off from now on.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: