SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Water in engine - grey fergie

Mick I went to start my grey fergie ( petrol ) today after 6 months. The oil level was good and clean, the radiator was a bit low, When I turned the engine over, I noticed water coming from the exhaust, She started Ok, I turned it off after a minute, checked the oil and it was milky. Does this mean the head gasket is blown ? Is ther any other way the water could have leaked into the engine whils sitting there the last 6 months ( she lives in a shed, so rain is not the culprit
GEEBEE Having ruled out rain, that leaves either head gasket or cracked head/block, cross your fingers and pull the head.
barnett We have repaired these for years and it is almost always cracks between the cylinders, top and bottom on the block..
billy 95% head gasket

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: