SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

rear end fluid

bill i have a ferguson tractor. to-20 i think. at one time i put hydraulic fluid in the hole next to the gear shift. i think it goes back to the rear when it's put in. it runs ok and does what i need, but once in a while the rear brakes leak. i had new linings put on. but it still leaks at times. should i drain the rear and fill with 90 weight gear oil or w/e it takes? is hydraulic oil too thin? thanks a lot
bill

GEEBEE That is correct, the filler for the trans/hyd/diff is by the gear lever, do not use gear oil, use GL1 80/90wt MINERAL oil to MF specs M1103 usually available at NAPA, or you can use 15w40 engine oil. Drain plugs under tranny and diff, put quadrant lever in lowest postion when draining.
bill how many quarts or gallons do i need? thanks you for your help. you are very helpful
bill

GEEBEE It takes about 6gals, add the last 2gals slowly to allow it to level out through system
Mikecad I have a t30 or t20 and the 3pt is slow look and had to replace hydraulic fluid it looked like Milk replaced with Hyd fluid should I do 90wt oil and what would make it slow and not lift anything heavy can u help this Newbee
GEEBEE You should be using GL1 80/90wt MINERAL OIL to Massey specs M1103 available at NAPA

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: