SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MHF Work Bull Power steering

Scott G I am attempting to get the power steering working again on my Work Bull. Some history first... I believe this to be a '56 303 Work Bull with the 32hp 4 cyl gas Continental engine, foot control shuttle fwd/rev and front loader. It may have at some time had a backhoe, but I have never seen one on it. I purchased it used from a Massey dealer in southern Ontario. They used it as a "Yard Truck", or forklift. Since then it has been in either my dad's or my posession.

When I got it it had some kind of "farmered" power steering on it. Clearly it was not the original cylinder and steering arm assembly, and it was not working well, and was reported that it used to but needed repairs. Since then my dad put a Neufeild tractor cylinder on it instead, but that did not work. I had a closer look at it and feel that the two hydraulic systems are not compatible. I do not understand either system yet because i only have half of the Neufeld system and half the original Massey set up.

Can anyone offer advise, or a location where I can find parts to put it back to original?

Scott G PS. I will attempt to upload a short video of this tractor today to help clarify what I am talking about...

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: