SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

mf 175 w mf100 loader

tim white Well, I got my electrical problem fixed. Turned out to be a weak ground. There was enough ground to read continuity on my multimeter, but not enough to work the lights, which I found out after buying four new bulbs!

Now I am starting to actually use the tractor, and I have two questions:

Whenever I shut the tractor off, or step on the clutch, the three point drops to the ground. On my old AC D17 I could shut off the tractor, come back in a few hours, and find the implement still in the air! Is there a way to keep this thing up? I'm not sure if I have the levers set right, I am trying to keep my 7' blade mounted while I am using the loader to haul gravel.

Also, I think I have a MF100 loader, but the lift is only one way, i.e. power up, gravity down. The bucket is two way, and I seem to have an unused connection on the back for another hose. Is it possible to switch the cylinders?

Thanks for the help

Tim

tim white Well, I have found some numbers on the loader.

The cylinders on the sides are A-40019-4C

The bucket is 1400-288-N1

On the base of the loader, where it attaches to the tractor frame is 1402-841N

The cylinders are 3" dia and 42" long, with 1 1/2" rods. It looks like the top of the cylinder, where the rod comes out, is a big cap that unscrews (maybe to get in to replace seals?)

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Tim

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: