SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

bleeding massey fergson 290 power steering

chuck2255 massey ferguson model 290 serial number726923 i need to know how to bleed my power steering i have no steering PLEASE HELP FAST IM SINKING
MPM The p/s pump is is on the right side of the engine bolted to the back of the timing gear case. If it has a loader it will be difficult to see and service. Fill with oil raise front wheels off the ground turn steering wheel stop to stop keep resivoir full it will purge the air out. When ease of steering comes back top off oil one more time. (Note there is a filter in the resivoir)
chuck2255 thanks for your help i think i know what you are talking about. first time i have owned a tractor do you happen to know what type of oil or ps steering oil to use
MPM If you have hyd fluid or dextron p/s fluid both will work fine.
chuck2255 THANKS BUNCHES FOR THE INFO. STILL CANT FIND A RESIVOIR ON IT. STILL LOOKING I FOUND THE PS PUMP BUT NO RESIVIOR
joe pump and resevoir are the same
Mike Hi, I replaced both my steering cylinders and I need to know how to get the air out. the steering wheel jerks wildly. I loosened the fitting while it was running but, it's still the same. Any sujjestions?
bill rebuilt mf245 steering motor and now steering wheel jerks tried bleeding but not working HELP

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: