TO20 Capability Question Shredder???

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

TO20 Capability Question Shredder???

murphy I have recently purchased a 1950 TO20 that runs really well,
everything works properly, The question I have is
can I use a 5 foot bush hog type shredder without over
taxing the small tractor?? If I can use a 5 footer I
am going to get a new Howse. I want to shred a pasture
that is about 26 acres, some briars and goatweeds,
small trees, approx 1/2 inch or less.

James Butler : I have recently purchased a 1950 TO20 that runs really well,
: everything works properly, The question I have is
: can I use a 5 foot bush hog type shredder without over
: taxing the small tractor?? If I can use a 5 footer I
: am going to get a new Howse. I want to shred a pasture
: that is about 26 acres, some briars and goatweeds,
: small trees, approx 1/2 inch or less.

Well you have 26.6 horsepower to play with and howse puts on a 45 hp gearbox to that mower according to their site.

smokey Probably OK if the land is flat but you will need to go slow. The tractor will be light on the front tend to rear up easily so take it carefully and don't kill yourself. If you don't have rops fitted be very very careful and keep your foot near the clutch. As you won't have a 2 stage clutch consider fitting an overun clutch so you don't get pushed into places you do not want to go. A friend had a similar unit set up like this in Australia.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: