SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1954 Massey Ferguson TEF 20 Injector pump

Ted I have a slow leak of diesel which appears to be from behind the injector pump. Has anyone experienced this and if so how do you rectify it?
thepumpguysc Ted,
You have a VERY old CAV {inline pump w pnumatic gov.} They where built to withstand a shotgun blast..AS LONG as you kept OIL in them.. Sounds like your leaking diesel out the "weep hole" [not good} hopefully you can catch it in time..{before it eats the bearings}
Look towards the bottom of the pump..you should see a "drain plug"[1/2" wrench"] Drain the diesel fuel out of the "LUBE OIL" chamber..and refill w/ engine oil.. Those "old" models didnt think much about their lube sysyem "AT THE TIME" so, inorder to refill it you have to remove the side cover and use a "squirt bottle"..Dont worry about putting to much in..it will come out the weep..

ted Thanks thepumpsguyse the leak from the injector pump has slowed down almost immediately but is still weeping a little but assume it will gradually stop.The hydraulic system is giving me a problem ,it jerks when raising and the pressure valve keeps blowing. The implement arms gradually falls when the engine is stopped,any ideas?
thepumpguysc Sorry Ted, No help here..Just fuel injection pumps, injectors and the occasional turbo O/H
Ted Many thanks anyway I shall have to analyse everything to see if I have missed something cheers Ted
kim rudd parts Manual Injector Pump for 1953 TEF20
Tim Sharpe Hi i am having trouble with a leak on my tractor injector pump from the excess fuel button is there a chance i could take this off or turn it upside down or is there a seal which may need replacing. can i just remove it without complications. I fear diesal will leak into the crankcase if i leave it but it runs realy good.Any advise please?
Regards Tim

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: