SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF 165 PTO Problem

Paul Cutting hay with the hay tender my PTO clutch went out in engine speed. PTO would not stay engaged in engine control however would stay in engaged in ground. Broke the tractor down and changed the clutch, however now the PTO will not come out of ground speed. Is the the problem in the PTO or the clutch. Any suggestion would be helpful.
Paul Adding to my previous post...Rechecked the clutch adjustment for the service manual requirement of 0.080" and everything checks out to specification. Tractor is a 165 multi-speed with a live clutch. I have tried to shift out of ground speed with engine running; engine off; and with clutch in different positions. Pushing back on the handle you cannot feel any movement to release and it has significant resistance once the slack is taken up. The service manual does not offer any additional information about the cause. Any ideas........
jerry vuncannon need adjustment screw that works the hdy pump pressure
alan I presume you are running a 2 stage clutch.Try setting the pto clearance at 69 thou,you should notice a difference.if not perfect you can go down to 58-60 thou.
Hope this helps.

Rusty Ihave a problem with my PTO not engaging at all
165 standard tran, diesel any sugestions?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: