SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson 135 fuel system problem

David My MF135 recently stopped..could not restart, checked all system found air in fuel line bleed system still mass of air, started with easy start can and tried bleeding but contious flow of fuel and air, could not find any leaks on lines, tank full any suggestions
GEEBEE Try and figure out where the air is first appearing, ie can you get fuel free of air to the filters ?
David Hi,

There is free flow of fuel at the 1st filter, 2nd onward air mix....but should I not see leeking at a point, all pipes look good, could there be a crack in the filter casing.....if so would there be any leakage signs

GEEBEE You would think you would see leaks but this is not always the case, i was going to say at the first that the likely culprit was the diaphram in the fuel lift pump but no air at 1st filter kind rules it out, next i would suspect either the filter seals or the rubber acorns on the pipe unions at the filters, if you haven't already done so now would be a good time for new filters and sealing rings.
john mills
my mf135 will run only with the choke pulled all the way out. any suggestions on how to fix it.
I assume it may be a cab adjustment
thanks
john

GEEBEE John, if it just started doing that or it has been setting for awhile could be time for a carb clean and overhaul, could be gummed up, float sticking or needle valve etc, but before you do that check that you have good fuel flow from tank to carb, there is a filter in tank above fuel shutoff (if it hasn't come adrift) that could be partially blocked, also a screen in top of sediment bowl.
Mildred Lawson I have a fuel leak around the filter of my massey ferguson 135 perkins engine diesel. I had a tractor mechanic to change the filter & it still leaks.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: