Massey Ferguson MF-205 industrial diesel tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Massey Ferguson MF-205 industrial diesel tractor

Paul Hamer I have an industrial model MF-205 diesel tractor with two problems. The manual for a regular model 205 states that it has a 2 cyl Toyosha 16hp engine and that it holds 3.7 liters (about 4 quarts) of oil with a filter change. When I put in 4 quarts, it barely registers on the dipstick. When I put in 6 quarts it is right where it should be. Did they put a bigger oil pan on the industrial model 205, or is it a bigger engine (not likely) or does this just have the wrong dipstick.

Also I seem to have a slight fuel leak somewhere around the bottom of the tank or shutoff valve. Is there a known problem area or should I just start digging.

thanks in advance for any help,

Paul Hamer
Blair, NE

massey rick : I have an industrial model MF-205 diesel tractor with two problems. The manual for a regular model 205 states that it has a 2 cyl Toyosha 16hp engine and that it holds 3.7 liters (about 4 quarts) of oil with a filter change. When I put in 4 quarts, it barely registers on the dipstick. When I put in 6 quarts it is right where it should be. Did they put a bigger oil pan on the industrial model 205, or is it a bigger engine (not likely) or does this just have the wrong dipstick.

: Also I seem to have a slight fuel leak somewhere around the bottom of the tank or shutoff valve. Is there a known problem area or should I just start digging.

: thanks in advance for any help,

: Paul Hamer
: Blair, NE

the 205 manual you have is for the ag. economy tractors they built in the late 70s

Jeff Hunt Paul,
I have the opposite problem. I have a manual for a MF 205 and it is for the larger tractor with a 3 cyl engine. If you have the two cyl manual and would be interested in trading, email me and I'll mail this one. huntj (at) stcsc.edu

Thanks! Jeff

Peter Gunnarsson We wonder if its posible to find spareparts too
MF 205 1961-1963 Hydraulic slave clunch too Hydraulicpack too Manoversystem for Diggingaggregat.
Best Regards Peter Gunnarsson

travis I have the same massey ferguson 205 ind.but my problem is that it will not move ..........my dad was using it and parked it for the night went to use it the next day and it would not move forward or back and pto doesnt turn all the time please let me know any info on parts or your input

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: