SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Fergy TO20 PTO oil leak

Rich George I have a Ferguson TO20. I have oil leaking at the area of my PTO shaft. It has actully drained all the hdraulic oil. I have the FE-2 and FO-4 manuals. Referencing the FO-4 (Ford shop manual) Fig.FO127 it "appears" that it might be bearing seal or seal case washer. It is not the gasket at the Bearing retainer. Do you think it might be one of these seals. And most importantly, if I bought the parts, is it a job that I should try and tackle? I can tool around, but I am not a mechanic. I have a barn and plenty of shop tools.
GEEBEE See my reply to Mike Bray on page 2
David Buy a replacement shaft, comes in the 1-7/8 diameter with new seal cap and gasket for about $120. Otherwise, drill the collar and crack it with a cold chisel. replace bearing and seal, heat new collar and drop it on.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: