SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

MF40 Transmission/Differential

Bob Burns I recently purchased a MF40 Loader backhoe with the manual shuttle tranny which has been somewhat neglected maintenance wise. It runs great and everything pretty much works but I am trying to get back in front of the maintenance.

I drained and flushed the transmission/differential this weekend and put in new fluid. I purchased an operator and service manual for this unit but it basically says nothing about this at all other than change the fluid every so many hours.

Is there any kind of a filter or strainer on the transmission/differential system? If so can you tell me where it is located?

I know that the backhoe and loader run off of a separate system (my book actually talks about this part of it) but is the fluid in the transmission/differential where the tractor gets the fluid from for the three point hitch etc?

I would truly appreciate any assistance someone who knows more than I do about this can offer.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: